Friday, May 17, 2013

Mini caprese salad

It is almost tomato season here. 
Yeah!!!
If you have had fresh from the garden tomatoes I don't need to say anymore. 
If you haven't, you should. 

Heirloom tomatoes are far superior, in my oh so humble opinion. 
If you don't know about heirloom tomatoes, you should do some research and try them out. Absolutely worth it. 
Here are a couple sites to get you started. 
 
I know they taste like candy on their own, but I can't very well put heirloom tomatoes down as a recipe.
Or can't I?

Heirloom Tomatoes
Heirloom Tomatoes
Eat them. 

Ok I can put it down as a recipe.  

But it sucks. 
So here is a ever so slightly more involved one.  
And much fancier sounding. 
Which can earn you points when bringing things places or cook for guests. 
Or discerning family members.

Mini Caprese Salad

Mini Heirloom Tomatoes
Fresh Mozzarella Cheese
Rosemary Olive Oil
High Quality Finishing Salt
Hot Sauce (optional) I use Trader Joe's brand sriracha sauce. So good on so many things.

Layer all ingredients into bite size piles. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment