Friday, June 21, 2013

Lightening up for summer


It is finally warming up around here and I am finally not craving comfort foods. Bread, melted cheese, bread, cream, melted cheese. Yea, you get the point. It amazes me each and every year how much the weather influences my cravings and food choices. 

I made these the other night and it felt like the perfect transition into summer. I'll call them summer BLT's.

Summer BLT's
Filling
pack of bacon
can of diced tomatoes
cup of quinoa 
can of black beans
cup of frozen corn
Sauce
2 tablespoons mayo
few squeezes of lemon
dash of tumeric 
Holder
lettuce (small romaine works great)
 Method
cook bacon in oven at 425 until crisp
cook quinoa in tomatoes for 5 minutes, add corn and beans and cook until quinoa is tender
mix sauce together and add to quinoa
add crumbled bacon and mix
scoop into lettuce
serve with hot sauce if desired. 

No comments:

Post a Comment