Friday, July 12, 2013

Fool Proof Super Salads



Now I would consider this more of an outline than recipe but that's what I think makes it so super ;)) I love a good salad and I rarely use a official recipe (but I do have a really good one for my next post) but I use this basic outline frequently and it gets rave reviews every time (especially with the Cashew Nut Salad Dressing)!!! And I have a super secret ingredient that people rarely use but love when they get a hint in their salad! Yes, I'm going to see how many time I can use super as an adjective!!

Super Salad Outline:


2-3 types of chopped veggies (tomatoes, carrots, celery, peppers, etc.)
1/4 to 1/3 cup toasted nuts (love pecans walnuts, and pine nuts [BTW, does any one know what pine nuts a coming from China now?!?])
1/4 cup dried fruit (cherries, cran raisins, raisins, etc)
1/2 cup cheese (shredded variety or small mozzarella balls)
2-3 cups chopped greens and/or lettuce
Super Secret Ingredient!!:
1-2 Tablespoons chopped fresh stevia       

NOW an insider trick for fresh, not soggy super salads every time (thanks Chef Juliet)....how you place your ingredient in the bowl makes a big difference!! 
1) dressing 
2) Veggies 
3) Nuts, Dried Fruit & Cheese 
4) Lettuce & Herbs......this way your dressing doesn't make everything soggy! An easy way to make ahead of time and have a fresh delicious salad. =)) I use a bowl with a lid to invert and toss a few minutes before serving. 



Yummy, fresh stevia from the garden gives it a hint of sweet that is actually good for you!


I love, love my toaster oven!! Great for a quick nut toasting while chopping veggies.

Make it a Super Salad Day,
Bretta

www.bretta.vemma.com

No comments:

Post a Comment