Friday, April 19, 2013

Banana walnut salad

 I don't miss the speed of fast food, I miss the convenience.

We are remodeling our two bedroom house to give each of our three children their own room, or berth as we're referring to them so as to invoke a cozy, nautical image rather than focus on the all too obvious miniscule size each will be.

We also just adopted a new puppy.
I'll share some puppy recipes soon!!

Needless to say it's a bit hectic around our place.

And still my family expects to eat.
EVERY day.
Have I mentioned they've been on spring break for three weeks with all this going on?
Right, so, hectic. 

The ingredients not stowed in the basement during construction led to this meal:

Banana Walnut Salad

Lettuce
Sprouts
Bananas
Walnuts, Toasted
Grape seed oil and Cabernet vinegar

Served with crockpot chicken and margarita pizza.

Not bad considering the current stage of remodeling ~ new puppy chaos we are in right now!!

For the pizza I drizzled olive oil on a Trader Joe's whole wheat pizza crust, sliced mozzarella, tomatoes, and basil and baked at 550 until the cheese started to brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment