Monday, March 11, 2013

Doing it All = Doing it All Wong?

My Wonderful Family: 


I recently watched a great documentary Happy (www.thehappymovie.com). And one of the things that really struck me was a group of folks that all live in a shared community. (OK, sounds a whole lot better than commune!) They helped each other out with watching the kids, group activities and cooking meals. A single mother pointed out that she was able to spend a lot more time with her family because she ONLY HAD TO COOK TWICE A MONTH (granted it was for about 50 people)!!!! Doesn't that sound a whole lot easier then cooking three meals a day, by yourself1?! 

If you stop and think about how much time, energy and thought goes into cooking for your family, is the American icon of independence really that way to go when it comes to feeding your family?  Personally, I have been trying to figure out how to make this work for me, because frankly it sounds wonderful!!  Sign me up for cooking only 2 meals a month or even twice a week would be better. =)) Now don't get me wrong I love to cook, obviously or why would I be writing this blog, but is there a better way?

Do you have any ideas on how to make meal preparation easier? Is there an easy way to share? Can we bring back more of the community spirit in this country when it comes to meal time?

Let's be a true community, 
Bretta

www.bretta.vemma.com

No comments:

Post a Comment