Friday, March 1, 2013

Kids - Treats and Lunch

I have been labeled as many thing in my mommying style. A hippie, uber healthy, overly particular. 

I am clearing the slate right now: it's not true. 

None of it. 

Do you know what the kids are eating in this picture? 

Root Beer Floats.

With Ice Cream.

And Root Beer.

I am not the food Nazi that some people believe me to be. 

That being said; I have my limits and my lines. 

The kids chose, of their own free will I might add, to trade the candy they received for Valentine's day in for a treat that mommy approved of. 

It's organic ice cream and all natural root beer. The alternative was corn syrup solids, every color dye and number you can think of and other ingredients that I can't write right now because I have no idea what they were. 

I'm not anti occasional treat, but chemicals and non food items I'd prefer not enter these growing bodies. 

And here is a lunch idea that is a big hit around here.

Turkey Rolls and Salad 

Slices of roasted turkey

Please be careful when buying lunch meat; it, for the most part it is gross. Really gross. And full of BAD things. Costco sells roasted sliced turkey breast that is just that no preservatives or additives. Yes, organic would be better, slicing your own would be amazing, but it's all a balance, yes?

Cheese Sticks
Spinach
Strawberries
Banana Chips
Pine Nuts
Balsamic Vinaigrette 

Wrap the turkey around the stick of cheese. 
Assemble the salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment