Monday, March 18, 2013

Turkey Burgers

I forgot how much I (and the whole family) enjoy homemade Turkey Burgers until I made them again to get these wonderful pictures! Yum!! Our three year old cleaned his plate, I huge win for protein. 

Personally I like to double or triple the recipe and freeze the add ins for later use. I'm all about saving time and energy. =))  Pull the mixture out of the freezer, thaw and add to your ground turkey. Yeah, dinner is ready in a flash!

This is also the only recipe that I regularly use my Lean Mean Grilling Machine, since these DO NOT do well on a regular grill. Way too soft! This recipe gives instructions for stove top cooking. 






Turkey Burgers Recipe (Adapted from Whole Food Bible):

1/4 cup minced onion
3/4 cups coarsely ground oatmeal (put oatmeal in a blender and pulse until the oatmeal is the consistency of bread crumbs)
1 egg
1/4 cup minced celery
1/4 cup milk or soy mild or stock 
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 clove of minced garlic
3 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 pounds ground organic free-range turkey

Mix all the ingredients except ground turkey well in blender. Add mixture to ground turkey and stir throughly. Form into 1 inch thick patties and place in a lightly oiled skillet. Cook the burgers over medium heat for about 5 minutes, or until browned and crispy. Flip the burgers carefully (they are quite soft) and cook for 5 minutes longer, or until golden brown. Serve the burgers hot. 







To Your Health, 

Bretta

No comments:

Post a Comment