Thursday, January 31, 2013

Salsa Chicken with Brie

This is kind of a cheater meal: it’s too easy.

Take a piece of chicken. Everyone always uses breasts. 

Personally I prefer thighs and other parts. 

I didn’t know this until recently when, in an effort to save money, we bought the thighs and whatever other parts come with them. (It’s a package at Costco, organic but less expensive than breasts.)

Well, after thirty some years of my mom convincing me that I prefer white meat, I discovered dark. 

And I like it.

Anyway, take a piece of chicken place it on a piece of tinfoil (big enough to make a packet out of)
Pour 1/2 cup of your favorite salsa on it
Close tinfoil
Repeat for the number of people you are serving
Bake at 375 for 36 minutes.
 
Open the biggest and slice through to make sure it is cooked through. 
(size of chicken may change cooking time)

Open each packet and place a slice of brie on top.

Place under the broiler for a minute to get it brown and bubbly.


Serve with barley, or brown rice, or any grainy side that sounds good and you happen to have. Or not. I don't mind if you want to eat it alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment