Monday, January 28, 2013

Too Far Card

A brilliant invention for conversations. The too far card is used liberally in these circles. 

I have now found an additional use for it, though the possible use list is endless. 

Here's a little story for you.

I have healthy eaters. 
I throw spinach in the blender and nobody bats an eye. 
Brussels Sprouts: Yea!!!
Salad with dinner? Yes, please, may I have some more. 

I'm a lucky mom. 

With the first two anyway. 

What is it about the third that opens up the door to..... well.....


My dad likes to throw judgment away from himself and his liberal use of butter by quipping about Europe; where they butter their cheese....

Apparently my youngest, not only heard this popular remark of Grandpa's but liked the idea enough to make it her own, but better. 

My family came to town this Christmas and we were all out to breakfast. With 15 of us, and the kids getting older and not needing constant supervision to get through a meal everyone can relax a bit. 

Which gave my five year old ample time to butter her bacon. 

And there she sat; ever so happily munching away on buttered bacon. 


Too far, honey. Too far.

2 comments:

  1. How many times a day are we allowed to use this "Too Far Card"?? No sarcasm here =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's similar to compliments.
    If it is warranted there is every reason to use it, but if you over do it's going to lose it's meaning.

    ReplyDelete